Monday, March 22, 2010

10 days and counting

Next Wednesday we'll be meeting with our project manager for the final walk-through. This is the day before we close and get our keys. We have an appointment for next Thursday morning to sign our papers at the title agency. That afternoon we'll get our keys!!

I find myself going to the house almost daily still to watch the changes. When we went today I saw all of the light fixtures up, some of the lighting is working and our fireplace is working! We are so close to coming home!!

I've made all of the phones calls to the utility companies for my old house and for the new house. This gets done about 2 weeks prior to move in/out.

2 comments:

bdeandel said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide all this great information. We are in the process of deciding on having a new home built and have spent many many weekends looking at a multitude of different builders and developments and keep coming back to Ryan Homes. While the many comments online are scary, it is wonderful to see your blog. Looking forward to seeing your final posts as you count down the days. Congrats and THANK YOU again!

Anonymous said...

I have also appreciated your blog! My husband and I are looking for a home and were considering all the options. Ryan home was/is offering some nice homes at a reasonable price, but after all I read about Ryan I said NO WAY! I am, however, a very suspicious person and also have to consider the possibility that you were paid for this blog and your positive experience...or similarly, if Ryan homes knew you were blogging about your experience and went all out to provide you with the best possible experience. Sorry...I just have to consider that possibility.