Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's only a closet....

but it wasn't what I thought I was getting. We did alot of our meetings at a model home in a different development because it's located closer to our present home and it's the exact model that we're building. The model home has the optional closet in the basement and rather than it being walled off, it continues to go under the stairs. I liked this option when I saw it in the model and paid $350 for it.

During the pre-drywall meeting on Thursday when we went to our basement and looked at the closet under the stairs - and something didn't look right. The area that goes under the stairs had a frame as though that part of the opening was going to be walled off. The model home version is bigger and did not have 3 walls. I mentioned this to my project manager and he said this is the way they are built and the model home had it differently because it's where the sales reps put the carpet sample pieces, flooring samples, etc. I let it go.

Over the last 4 days or so, this disappoint grew larger. I just couldn't let it go. I decided to call my sales rep. and explain my disappointment. She understood, and asked me to give her some time and she'd get back to me. The next day, I was pleasantly surprised with a phone call from my rep. with the news that the closet in my house WILL be just like the one I saw at the model home. I am so happy that I decided to say something!!!

I got the call today that my house has passed all city/county inspections and the dry wall is going up the rest of this week and next. The garage door was put on our house now too. I can't wait to see the vinyl siding and shutters on it!

No comments: