Friday, March 19, 2010

We made a major change...

We decided to change our loan type and down-payment. I'm doing this at just about the last possible minute. We're going with a Conventional loan with enough money to put down to make this change. Our loan officer @ NVR has been very helpful at getting us the revised Cost Analysis Worksheets that show the new payment, money required, etc. for the different scenarios we can now use. There's actually 3 different scenarios, some with taxes/insurance rolled into the monthly mortgage amount and some without it being rolled in. I feel this is one of the smartest things we could have done with regards to our finances and our future at this house. Rather than get into all the details about this, I felt it would beneficial to let you know that it can be done - even this late into the transaction and that our loan officer with NVR is amazing.

3 comments:

jaxband5 said...

It would be nice if this were a typical Ryan Homes/ NVR experience, but it's not covering 1/10 of the issues many people may face. I'm sure you have no intent of being misleading. As explained in your blog, your learning all this from the experts at Ryan Homes, having no other practical experience in the business. NVR /Ryan Homes really should pay you though, since most companies do hire bloggers to dilute the many unpleasant truths they have difficulty deleting. It's nice to see a case where everything goes perfectly.

Megan Balaban said...

Amy - As you know, I've been following your blog AND going through my own Ryan Homes first-time experience as well. I am so happy to report that as far as I am into the process, I've had an excellent experience as well - and of all the Ryan Homes customers I've spoken to, the ONLY complaint I've heard is about an upgrade they declined (carpet pad) and how disappointing the standard pad was (clearly the customer's own fault, considering that Ryan Homes does offer this upgrade). And we've talked to a LOT of people. So happy your experience just gets better and better.

Britni said...

This is in reply to Jaxband 5. Not everyone is going to be happy no matter what. My husband and I looked at many houses before we decided to go with Ryan Homes. We were not impressed with many of the other house builders out there. We knew we wanted a newer house, but when we looked at all our options we felt that Ryan homes was the best quality. I did my research online and did see all of the complaints and I did back away from Ryan Homes, but after seeing what else was out there we returned to Ryan Homes. Ryan Homes is the highest rated home builder in our area and is accredited by the BBB. Now after all that is said my question to you is what home builder do you recommend?