Sunday, November 28, 2010

Kitchen Pantry - too hot and now too cold

Anyone noticing their kitchen pantry's temperature is pretty consistent with the temperature outside? There must be NO insulation in there? I noticed this summer when we were battling 90 degree temps that it stayed pretty warm in there. I would sometimes leave the door open hoping that it would prevent anything in there from getting ruined because of how warm it got. Now that we've been experiencing 30 degree temps lately we've noticed the pantry is like an icebox! This little annoyance is starting to more than just annoy me. When you open the pantry door there's a rush of cold air that greets you. I don't know if there anything that can be done?

WWMHC6FQ6CTQ

7 comments:

Corey+India said...

Hey Amy...Thanks for this post...Its definitely something i will look into....Ive started a blog of my own...its http://theryanhomesexperience.blogspot.com Please add me to your list! :) Thanks

ThriftyAmy said...

Cool Corey+India! I have you on my blog roll now!

BD said...

In looking at your home layout my guess is that there is no insulation in the wall between the pantry and the garage...especially if the temperature in the pantry mimics the temperature in the garage. Since the wall is in the garage you could try cutting a small hole to see if there is insulation.

Kristine said...

We haven't had that issue BUT our pantry is in a different location than yours. The back of our pantry butts up against the dining room.

tasha said...

Hello Amy,I am new to this but, I would like to thank you for all the info I have recieved from your blogs. I am building a Florence and as with all of the info I have learned here I wll be bringing the issue with the pantry to my PM Thank you. I have started a blog also I am not sure if I am doing this correctly but I enjoy yours so much I decided to try it out. can you add me to your blog, funny I do not know the address :) OK I think it is countdown to my ryan home@blogspot.com

ThriftyAmy said...

@tasha: Alright! Another Florence being built!!

Anonymous said...

We closed on our Florence in Dec. 2010 (love it!) and have the same problem with our pantry being really cold!